Sherry Margolis Bio-Wiki, Age, Family, Husband, FOX 2, and Net Worth
This article will answer every question you have about Sherry Margolis. Below are some of the frequently asked questions about her.
- What does Margolis do for a living?
- Who are Margolis’s parents and siblings?
- What are the Margolis’ interests and hobbies?
- Is Margolis married or does she have a boyfriend?
- Does Margolis have any children?
- Where is Margolis now?
- How tall is Margolis?
- How much money does Margolis earn?
- What is Margolis’s net worth?
N/B: Please read the entire post to have all your questions answered.
Who is Sherry Margolis?
Sherry Margolis is an American journalist who most recently has served as a television news anchor at the Fox affiliate WJBK-TV in Detroit, MI. Margolis co-anchors FOX 2 News “Live at Eleven” and FOX 2 News at 5:30 p.m.
Margolis began her journalism career as host and producer of a children’s program, “The Jelly Roll Review” at WUTV in Buffalo. She later served as a reporter and anchor at WKBW-TV Channel 7 and WKBW-AM radio, which were both local powerhouses in the early eighties.
Margolis has been very active in her community supporting several organizations. These organizations include the Gleaners Food Bank, the Alzheimer’s Association, the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, and the Asthma and Allergy Foundation.
Sherry Margolis WJBK-TV
Margolis moved to WJBK-TV (FOX 2) Detroit in 1984. She co-anchored FOX 2 News “Live at Eleven” and FOX 2 News at 5:30 p.m. She also had a weekly FOX-e reports highlight ways to conserve energy and protect the planet. Margolis brought a segment “A Place to Call Home,” which profiles children in Michigan’s foster care system who are hoping to find forever homes.
She also hosted “Tribute to Our Troops,” FOX 2’s annual Veterans Day special that honors Michigan’s servicemen and women. For her good work in anchoring and reporting, she has earned herself several Emmy awards and also regional Edward R. Murrow awards.
After 35 years of working with WJBK-TV (Channel 2), Margolis announced her departure on Wednesday, June 24, 2020, during a segment with anchors Huel Perkins and Monica Gayle. On Tuesday, June 30, 2020, which was her last day with the station, she said her first emotional goodbye of the day with fellow co-anchors Amy Lange and Derek Kevra during Live at Eleven. She said her official “goodbye” and signed off for the last time in the 5 p.m. hour with Huel Perkins, Monica Gayle, and Roop Raj.
Her fellow Fox 2 anchors shared their congratulations and farewells on social media. Her fellow Fox 2 personalities include,
- Amy Andrews – co-anchors FOX 2 News Morning.
- Taryn Asher – co-anchors FOX News Edge at 11 and FOX 2 News at 6:30 p.m.
- Deena Centofanti – a co-host of the Nine and specializes in health reports for FOX 2
- Jessica Dupnack – reporter on FOX 2 News at 10 p.m.
- Erika Erickson – reporter for FOX 2 News at 5 and 6 p.m.
- Ryan Ermanni – co-host of The Nine on FOX 2.
- Michael Estime – Detroit-born meteorologist on FOX 2 News.
- Monica Gayle – co-anchors FOX 2 News at 5, 6, and 10 p.m.
- Hilary Golston – is a reporter/anchor for FOX 2 News.
- Jennifer Hammond – a sports reporter for FOX 2 News.
- Ingrid Kelley – a general assignment reporter for FOX 2.
- Derek Kevra – a board-certified meteorologist on FOX 2 News Mornings and evenings.
- Josh Landon – anchors FOX 2 News at 4:00 a.m. and is a reporter for FOX 2 News Mornings.
- Amy Lange – anchors FOX 2 News at 630 and reports for FOX 2 News at 5 p.m.
- Charlie Langton – an attorney, reports for FOX 2 News at 5 and 6 p.m. and is an expert on Let It Rip.
- Alan Longstreet – is a board-certified meteorologist on FOX 2 News Mornings.
- Maurielle Lue – co-anchors FOX 2 News at 5 am, Live at 11, FOX 2 News Weekend, and Co-hosts the Nine.
- Rich Luterman – a board-certified meteorologist for FOX 2 news at 5, 6, 10, and 11 p.m.
- Dan Miller – a sports anchor for FOX 2 News.
- Robin Murdoch – a reporter for FOX 2 News Mornings.
- Huel Perkins – anchors the FOX 2 News at 5, 6, 10, and the Edge at 11 p.m. PLUS he hosts the popular talk show, “Let It Rip!” at 10:30 every Thursday night.
- Lori Pinson – a board-certified meteorologist on FOX 2 News weekends.
- Roop Raj – a reporter and co-anchor of FOX 2 News at 5:30 and 6:30 p.m.
- Dave Spencer – a reporter for FOX 2 News 10 & 11 p.m. and also co-anchors FOX 2 News weekends.
- Lee Thomas – the host of CriticLEE Speaking, a weekly movie review show on FOX 2.
- Jay Towers – co-anchors FOX 2 News Mornings.
- Jill Washburn – a board-certified meteorologist on FOX 2 News Mornings.
- Randy Wimbley – a reporter for the FOX News Edge at 11 p.m.
- Rob Wolchek – an investigative reporter for FOX 2 News.
- Woody Woodriffe – a FOX 2 sports anchor and reporter.
How Old is Sherry Margolis?
Despite being a public figure, and a television personality for many years, Margolis has a very secretive nature. She has kept her date of birth and age a secret. In case there is any news on this matter, we shall update it here as soon as possible.
Sherry Margolis Family
Who are Sherry Margolis’s parents?
Does Sherry Margolis’ have siblings?
Margolis’s secretive nature has shown up in her personal life. She has managed to keep her family background very private. In case there is news regarding her parents and siblings, we shall update it here as soon as possible.
Sherry Margolis Education
Margolis received her high school education at South High where she served as editor of the school newspaper, Billboard, and wrote the school’s Amherst Bee column. She was also comfortable being in front of an audience. As a result, she performed in school plays and musicals and singing in the Choraleers.
She later received her college education at the State University of New York at Buffalo graduating cum laude with a bachelor’s degree in English. Margolis also attended graduate school at UB and was a teaching assistant in the Department of Communication.
Sherry Margolis Husband
Margolis was married to journalist and bestselling author at the Wall Street Journal Jeffrey Zaslow. The couple met at a party in Orlando, Florida, when she was still working in Buffalo. Sherry was the only newscaster in a roomful of print reporters, and he was being somewhat scathing — but funny — about TV news.
Sherry and Zaslow reconnected at a wedding three years later, and it was love at second sight. Jeffrey died in an automobile accident on his way back from a book signing in Northern Michigan in February 2012.
Sherry Margolis Kids
Margolis has three daughters with her husband. Sherry lives with her girls in suburban Detroit.
Sherry Margolis Height
Sherry’s height is not yet disclosed to the public.
Sherry Margolis Salary
Sherry’s annual salary for her work at WJBK-TV ranges between $65,000 and 70,000.
Sherry Margolis Net Worth
Through her journalism work, Sherry has been able to accumulate a net worth estimate of $2 million.