Who is Kara DioGuardi?
Kara DioGuardi is an American established author, singer-songwriter, record producer, music publisher, A&R executive, composer, and TV personality. She writes music mostly in the pop-rock genre. Kara has worked with many popular artists. She graduated from Duke University with a degree in political science.
For the past five years, she has been a Herb Albert Visiting Scholar at Berklee College of Music. Being one of the most successful contemporary songwriters in the world, Kara’s songs have appeared on more than 160 million albums. DioGuardi has won 20 BMI awards for most performed songs. She also won BMI’s 2007 Songwriter of the Year award.
She has over 320 songs released by major labels. Her 150 songs are on platinum-selling albums, and over 50 charting singles. Her credits include successes and collaborations with big names. She has worked with Pink, Katy Perry, Celine Dion, Kelly Clarkson, Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, Miley Cyrus, Jason Derulo, Demi Lovato, Gwen Stefani, Carrie Underwood, Colbie Caillat, Enrique Iglesias, Rascal Flatts, The Band Perry, Darius Rucker, Faith Hill, Santana and more others.
As the Executive Vice President at Warner Brothers Records, Kara signed artists such as Jason Derulo. Her publishing company, Arthouse Entertainment, is praised for hits from Bruno Mars. Others include Carrie Underwood, Jason Derulo, Rihanna, Eminem, B.O.B., Florida Georgia Line, and Jon Bellion.
Kara works with the Phoenix House, a non-profit substance abuse service organization. There, she contributes to recording studios in the facilities and helps teach the teens how to operate the equipment. She also joined former American Idol contestant Elliott Yamin in a charity trip sponsored by ExxonMobil to Angola in February 2010. There, they visited malaria prevention and treatment projects as part of Idol Gives Back.
Kara also splits her time between Los Angeles, California, and York Harbor, Maine. She made a donation of $2,700 to the Susan Collins for Senator campaign in 2017.
How Old is Kara DioGuardi?
Kara Elizabeth Dioguardi was born on 9 December 1970. She is 49 years as of 2020.
Kara DioGuardi Family
DioGuardi was born in Ossining, New York. She is the daughter of former Republican congressman, Joe DioGuardi. Her father was running for the U.S. Senate in 2010. Her mother Carol died in 1997 of Ovarian cancer after a 7-year battle. Kara had an eating disorder in college.
Kara DioGuardi Husband
She began dating Mike McCuddy in 2007. Mike was a teacher who turned to a general contractor. The two met while he was working on a home adjacent to her property in Maine. After a year and a half of dating, Kara and McCuddy became engaged in December 2008. They married on July 5, 2009, in Prospect Harbor, Maine. Mike has a teenage daughter from a previous relationship.
Kara DioGuardi Kids
She has a son with her husband, Greyson James Carroll McCuddy. He was born via gestational carrier on January 31, 2013. They made the decision to use a surrogate after years of infertility and unsuccessful in vitro fertilization attempts.
Kara DioGuardi American Idol
She joined the hit Fox television show American Idol in 2009 as a fourth judge for the show’s eighth season This was alongside judges Simon Cowell, Randy Jackson, and Paula Abdul. She went back to Idol for its ninth season alongside Simon, Randy, and new judge Ellen DeGeneres who replaced Paula Abdul. Paula had quit the show after contract disagreements. However, she left the show on September 3, 2010, and she did not return for the tenth season of Idol.
Kara DioGuardi Songs
She has written for films and television series,
- She wrote “Brand New Day” for Camp Rock 2: The Final Jam
- “We Rock” and “Play My Music” for Camp Rock
- “He Could Be the One” for Hannah Montana
- “Set This Party Off” for Jonas
- “Someone Watching over Me” for Raise Your Voice.
- She has also written ones that have been used as themes such as “Taking Chances” on Glee, “Come Clean” on Laguna Beach. Also The Real Orange County, “Autobiography” on The Ashlee Simpson Show and “Ain’t No Other Man” on Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel.
Songs Written By Kara Dioguardi
Some of the songs written by Kara include:
- Kelly Clarkson – I Do Not Hook Up 2009
- Kelly Clarkson – Walk Away 2004
- Ashlee Simpson – Pieces of Me 2004
- Carrie Underwood – Undo It 2009
- Theory of a Deadman – Not Meant to Be 2008
- Kelly Clarkson – Heartbeat Song 2015
- P!nk – Sober 2008
- Celine Dion – Taking Chances 2007
- Melanie Martinez – Pity Party 2015
- Hilary Duff – Someone’s Watching Over Me 2004
- Anastacia – Welcome to My Truth 2004
- The Band Perry – Postcard From Paris 2010
- Cobra Starship – Good Girls Go Bad 2009
- Colbie Caillat – I Never Told You 2009
- Hilary Duff – Stranger 2007
- Ashlee Simpson – Shadow 2004
- Delta Goodrem – Predictable 2009
- Pussycat Dolls – Beep 2005
- Lindsay Lohan – First 2004
- Hilary Duff – Play With Fire 2007
- Gwen Stefani – Rich Girl 2014
- Christina Aguilera – Ain’t No Other Man 2006
- Kelly Clarkson – Gone 2004
- Enrique Iglesias – Maybe 2001
- Ashlee Simpson – La La 2004
- Britney Spears – Ooh Ooh Baby 2007
- Hilary Duff – With Love 2007
- Hilary Duff – Little Voice 2003
- Belinda – Bella Traicion 2006
- Hilary Duff – Fly 2004
- Katharine McPhee – Not Ur Girl 2007
Kara DioGuardi Net Worth
Through her songwriting, producing, and television hosting, Kara has earned big. She has had over 250 of her songs recorded and released on studio albums. She has an estimated net worth of $25 million.
Kara Dioguardi Awards
In 2003, She won a BMI Cable Award for co-writing and performing “Somethin’ To Say”, which was the theme of the Lifetime Television series For the People. It starred Lea Thompson, Debbi Morgan, A. Martinez, and Cecilia Suárez.
She has been awarded 15 BMI Awards for having co-written the most performed songs on the radio. She was then awarded the TAXI A&R Award for Humanitarian of the Year at their annual Road Rally Convention.