Who Is Judy Gold?
Judy Gold is an American veteran standup comedian, actress, television writer, and producer. She has had stand-up specials on HBO, Comedy Central, and LOGO. Gold worked as a writer and producer on the daytime television talk show The Rosie O’Donnell Show for which she won two
Daytime Emmy Awards.
Gold attended Rutgers University from where she earned a Bachelors in Music. She was taught to play the piano by pianist Sonia Rubinsky and Samuel Dilworth-Leslie.
Gold has written for The New York Times, Huffington Post, CNN.com. She also appears on MSNBC as well as CNN as a talking head.
Judy Gold Age
The humorous comedian was born on 15 November 1962 in Newark, New Jersey, U.S. She is 56 years old as of 2018.
Judy Gold Family
Gold was born to Harold and Ruth Gold. She has a sister Jane and a brother, Allan.
Is Judy Gold Gay?
Gold is a lesbian who is very active in both LGBT and Jewish communities.
Judy Gold Partner | Girlfriend
Gold shared a relationship with her former partner, Sharon Callahan, for close to 20 years. She lives with her partner Elysa Halpern and sons in New York City. The family lives in a cramped Manhattan apartment where they keep an open door policy with many of the boys’ friends stopping by despite the fact Judy utilizes part of the living room as her home office
Judy Gold Wife
Gold has severally said that her family and friends insist on her getting married to her partner but she is yet to think about making it official.
Judy Gold Children
Gold and Callahan have two children Henry Callahan Gold and Ben Callahan Gold. Callahan gave birth to their first son Henry in 1996 and Gold gave birth to their second son Ben in 2001.
Judy Gold Comedian | Stand Up
Gold revealed her comedic influences to be Joan Rivers, Phyllis Diller, and Totie Fields in an interview with Marc Maron. She is a regular on Comedy Central’s new series This Week At The Comedy Cellar. Gold has also appeared on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert. She has appeared on the reboot of Murphy Brown, has recurring roles on Netflix’s Friends From College and also TBS’ Search Party, and was on the Showtime series I’m Dying Up Here. She was also featured in Woody Allen’s series Crisis In Six Scenes on Amazon and also appears on the hit web-series The Other F Word on Amazon Prime.
Gold has also had numerous appearances on The Wendy Williams Show, The View, The Today Show, and The Steve Harvey Show.
She has stepped in as host for ‘The Wendy Williams Show,’ ‘Anderson Cooper‘ and also ‘The View.’ Gold hosted Comedy Central’s ‘100 Greatest Stand-Ups of All Time,’ ‘NickMom Night Out,’ ‘The GLAAD Media Awards’ on VH1, and also HBO’s ‘At the Multiplex with Judy Gold,’ which ran for nearly a decade.
Judy Gold The Judy Show
The Judy Gold Show: My Life as a Sitcom, began previews at Off-Broadway’s DR2 Theater in New York City on June 30, 2011. The one-woman show is an homage to the classic sitcoms of Gold’s youth. The Show is written by Gold and Kate Moira Ryan and directed by Amanda Charlton.
It officially opened on July 6, 2011, to positive reviews. The show subsequently opened in Los Angeles on June 18, 2013, and had a one-month run at the Geffen Playhouse.
Judy Gold Podcast
Gold began the Kill Me Now podcast with co-host Lauren Hennessy in May 2015. It is a weekly podcast where they interview celebrities about what makes them angry. Her guests have included Frank Conniff, Ted Alexandro, and Mara Wilson.
Judy Gold Net Worth
The stand-up comedian and award-winning writer has an estimated net worth of $3 million.
Judy Gold Height
The television writer stands at a medium height of 6 feet 3 inches.
Judy Gold Movies
- The Aristocrats – Featured – THINKFilm
- Making Trouble – Featured
- Rent-A-Husband – Supporting – Crisp Films
- The Curse of the Jade Scorpion – Supporting – Dreamworks/Dir. Woody Allen
- Lois Lives A Little – Lead – Home Grown Pictures
- Sex Lives of Superheros – Supporting – Mitchell Cohn Prods
Judy Gold TV Shows
- 30 Rock – Guest Star – NBC
- The Big C – Guest Star – Showtime
- Anderson Live – Co-host – Sydicated
- The View – Co-host/Regular Guest – ABC
- The Wendy Williams Show – Regular Guest
- Host – NickMom Night Out (Nickelodeon)
- World’s Dumbest – Series Regular – Tru TV
- Host of Sirius/XM OUTQ 108’s “Hatched By Two Chicks”
- The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson
- The Glades (A&E) – Guest Star
- Are We There Yet? (TBS)– Guest Star/Lead Ugly Betty – Guest Star
- Next Food Network Star – Celebrity Judge
- Next Great Baker (TLC) – Guest Star/Celebrity Judge
- Dr. OZ – Celebrity Guest
- All Aboard! – Featured – HBO Documentary
- Supernormal – Lead – BBC (Animated)
- Sex & The City – Guest Star – HBO
- Tough Crowd With Colin Quinn – Regular – Comedy Central
- Hollywood Squares – Regular – Syndicated
- Law & Order, SVU – Guest Star – NBC
- As The World Turns – Recurring – CBS
- At The Multiplex With Judy Gold – Host – HBO
- HBO Entertainment News – Host – HBO
- The Insiders – Celebrity Panelist – FOX News Channel
- Talk Soup – Guest Host – E! Entertainment Television
- Law & Order – Guest Star – NBC
- The Drew Carey Show – Recurring – Warner Bros./ABC
- Ballad of Lucy Whipple – Lead – CBS/MOW
- Beat Cops – Series regular – USA Network/Pilot
- The Roseanne Show – Guest Star
- The Rosie O’Donnell Show – Writer/Producer – WB TV/Telepictures
- Arliss – Guest star – HBO
- Here Come the Munsters – Lead – FOX/MOW
- Blame it on Ernie – Series regular – Universal/Bung. 78
- All American Girl – Series regular – ABC/Disney
Judy Gold Theatre
- Clinton The Musical – Cast Member – New World Stages – New York City
- Love Loss & What I Wore – Lead – West Side Theater NYC
- The Judy Show – My Life as a Sitcom – Star/Author – The D-R-2 Theatre – New York City
- 25 Questions for a Jewish Mother – Star/Author – St. Luke’s Theater/Ars Nova – New York City
- Vagina Monologues – Lead – Westside Theater – New York City
- The Trials of Monica Lewinsky – Lead – The New Dramatists, Aspen, CO
- Ensemble Studio Theatre/‘Sisters’ – Lead – Dir. Kirsten Sanderson – ’97 Marathon Series
Judy Gold Comedy Series
- 92nd Street Y Funny People Series – Host
- The MOTH – Regular Contributor
- The Wendy Williams Show – Panel Guest
- Wisecrack – Star – LOGO
- Tough Crowd Stands Up – Regular Guest – Comedy Central
- 100 Greatest Stand-ups Of All Time – Host – Comedy Central
- Heroes of Jewish Comedy – Featured Guest – BBC/Comedy Central
- Friar’s Roast: Rob Reiner, Smothers Bros. – Guest star – Comedy Central
- Comedy Central Presents – Star – Comedy Central
- Great Performances w/ Alan King – Comedian – PBS
- HBO Half Hour Comedy Special – Star – HBO
- Tonight Show with Jay Leno (3) – Panel guest – NBC
- 20th Birthday of Comedy Store – Guest star – NBC