This article will answer every question you have about Gregory A. Boyd. Below are some of the frequently asked questions about him.
- What does Gregory A. Boyd do for a living?
- Who are Gregory A. Boyd’s parents and siblings?
- What are Gregory A. Boyd’s interests and hobbies?
- Is Gregory A. Boyd married or does he have a girlfriend?
- Does Gregory A. Boyd have any children?
- Where is Gregory A. Boyd now?
- How tall is Gregory A. Boyd?
- How much money does Gregory A. Boyd earn?
- What is Gregory A. Boyd’s net worth?
N/B: Please read the entire post to have all your questions answered.
Who is Gregory A. Boyd?
Gregory A. Boyd is a theologian pastor and author from American. Currently, he is the senior pastor of the Woodland Hills Church in St.Paul, Minnesota. In addition, he is the president of Reknew.org. Moreover, is among the spokesmen in the growing Neo-Anabaptism movement. The movement is based on the tradition of advocates Christian pacifism and a non-violent understanding of God.
Boyd has also long been regarded as a major proponent of open theism. Furthermore, he is well-known for his works on the link between Christianity and politics, notably his best-selling book The Myth of a Christian Nation, which was written in response to The New York Times publishing a front-page cover piece on Boyd’s critique of the Christian right. Moreover, in 2010, he was listed as one of the twenty most influential living Christian scholars.
As an author, he has written several books including;
- 1992 – Trinity and Process: A Critical Evaluation and Reconstruction of Hartshorne’s Di-Polar Theism Towards a Trinitarian Metaphysics
- 1992- Oneness Pentecostals and the Trinity
- 1995- Cynic Sage or Son of God?
- 1995- Jesus Under Siege
- 1994- Letters From a Skeptic: A Son Wrestles with His Father’s Questions about Christianity; reprint edition, 2008
- 1997- God at War: The Bible and Spiritual Conflict
- 2000- God of the Possible: A Biblical Introduction to the Open View of God
- 2001- Satan & the Problem of Evil: Constructing a Trinitarian Warfare Theodicy 2002- Across the Spectrum: Understanding Issues in Evangelical Theology (with Paul Rhodes Eddy)
- 2003- Is God to Blame?: Moving Beyond Pat Answers to the Problem of Evil 2004- Seeing Is Believing: Experience Jesus Through Imaginative Prayer
- 2004- Repenting of Religion: Turning from Judgment to the Love of God
- 2005- Escaping The Matrix: Setting Your Mind Free To Experience Real Life In Christ (with Al Larson)
- 2006- The Myth of a Christian Nation: How the Quest for Political Power Is Destroying the Church
- 2007- The Jesus Legend: A Case for the Historical Reliability of the Synoptic Jesus Tradition (with Paul Rhodes Eddy)
- 2007- Lord or Legend?: Wrestling with the Jesus Dilemma (with Paul Rhodes Eddy) 2009- The Myth of a Christian Religion: Losing Your Religion for the Beauty of a Revolution
- 2010- Present Perfect: Finding God in the Now
- 2013- Benefit of the Doubt: Breaking the Idol of Certainty
- 2017- The Crucifixion of the Warrior God: Volumes 1 & 2
- 2017- Cross Vision: How the Crucifixion of Jesus Makes Sense of Old Testament Violence
- 2020- Inspired Imperfection: How the Bible’s Problems Enhance Its Divine Authority
His dissertation which is published as Trinity and process was a critique of the process theology of Charles Hartshorne. In this publication, he was trying to construct a philosophical theology that retains the positive features of a process worldview, while avoiding its unorthodox implications.
Moreover, since he was once a member of the Oneness Pentecostal, he wrote a book titled Oneness Pentecostals and the Trinity in 1992. In the book, he condemns the movement’s anti-trinitarian view of God and other doctrines.
Moreover, he is also well known for supporting theism, and he even went ahead and explored it in the book God of the Possible in 2000. In addition, he is also known for his award-winning book Letters from a Skeptic in 1994. He co-wrote the book together with his father Edward. At the time of writing the book, his father was an atheist.
In 2012, his church Woodland Hills Church started exploring Anabaptism and the possibility of associating with Mennonite Church USA and the Brethren in Christ. According to him, he said that they had been really kind is growing in that direction since the church started without knowing what Anabaptism was.
Boyd is well known as a figure in New Testament scholarship and the Quest for the historical Jesus. Moreover, in 2008 his book The Jesus Legend which he co-wrote together with Paul Rhodes won the 2008 Christianity Today Book of the Year Award.
Boyd is among prominent supporters of Rob Bell’s controversial book Love Wins, where he offered an endorsement on the back of the book. In addition, in the 2012 documentary film Hellbound, encouraging Christians to be open-minded about heaven, hell, and salvation. Furthermore, he is also a contributor to the BioLogos Foundation and has written extensively about reconciling Christianity and evolution.
How Old Is Gregory A. Boyd?
He was born on June 2nd, 1957, he is 64 as of 2021.
Gregory A. Boyd Family
Who are His Parents?
He was raised in Roman Catholic, however, he has not yet revealed his family background or the name of his parents.
Does He Have Siblings?
He has not disclosed any information about his siblings in case of any details we will update it as soon as possible.
Gregory A. Boyd Education
He attended the University of Minnesota where he graduated with a bachelor’s degree in Philosophy. After that, he enrolled in Yale Divinity School, where he graduated with a Master of Divinity degree in 1982. He went ahead and joined Princeton Theological Seminary earning a Ph.D. in 1987.
Gregory A. Boyd Wife
He is happily married to Shelley Boyd. The two have been married for over three decades now.
Gregory A. Boyd Kids
He has adult children though he has not disclosed any details concerning them.
Gregory A. Boyd Height
He stands at an average height of 1.98m tall and weighs 124kg
Gregory A. Boyd Net Worth
His net worth is estimated to be over $2 million.
Gregory A. Boyd Twitter Account